Monday, November 16, 2009

"Lost and Found" by Rebecca Doughty


Have you ever lost anything? I think everyone can relate to the term "lost and found". This is a story about a little girl named Lucy who loses personal things throughout her day. This book is about losing and finding things. There is a rhyming beat throughout most of the text. For example "Getting off the bus, I lost my snack. It must have fallen out of my pack". I really like this book because it's simple and it's a theme that most kids can relate to. After doing a mini lesson on "brainstorming to develop an idea" I realized that this book would work for this too. When Lucy gets grounded she goes and looks under her bed because she is bored and she finds a whole list of things under her bed! It also could probably spark an idea for readers and writers because it discusses so many different things from items such as her lost dog to her toothbrush or cowboy hat. It's a simple book, but I think many young readers would like this book. I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment