Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"39 Uses For a Friend" by Harriet Ziefert


I used this book in a mini lesson for my block A class to help kids elaborate or think about more ideas to say about a specific topic. I liked this book because it's very simple and some of the pictures are actually quite humorous. For example, one of the uses of a friend is "napkin" and then the illustration is of two kids and one kid is wiping there hands on their friend's shirt. The book gives different "uses" for a friend such as co pilot, back scratCheck Spellingcher, therapist, pillow, story teller, accomplice etc. I think this is a great way to get kids brainstorming about a topic that they want to write about. I would definitely use this book in a primary level classroom. Kids pick up on the humor, and it's a fun read for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment